MedImpact, Inc. Health Services Business Systems Analyst in San Diego, California
Business Systems Analyst
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
This position serves as a Business Systems Analyst for the Health Services Project Management Team and provides analysis and documentation of systems from the business perspectives of process and data. The role also evaluates efficiency, accuracy, and precision of all Health Services systems and processes and provides support for Health Services projects including data and process analysis and process documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Uses best practice methodologies for identifying and documenting Health Services process and system operations and enhancements related to Health Services to support compliant execution for all lines of business including regulated lines of business (Medicare, Medicaid, Health Insurance Exchange, etc.)
- Translates requirements into business, system & functional requirements and partners with IT Developers in translating requirements into design specifications
- Writes detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify business systems
- Develops queries to research, gather data and identify solutions. Performs various types of analysis related to business and system changes/enhancements (gap, impact, risk etc.)
- Maintains current understanding of required file layouts, relationships, & logic and how they operate in MedImpact business applications.Provides technical consultation to the project teams and related internal stakeholders
- Matches appropriate process and technology solutions to business needs
- Develops methods to monitor and assess process and system changes for efficacy and accuracy
- Utilizes planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills to ensure timely deliverables, high levels of quality, and efficient use of resources to achieve reporting timeliness and accuracy
- Promotes continuous improvement by ensuring adherence to quality principles; Seeks out and actively participates in business initiatives that contribute to service excellence
- Collaborates and cultivates positive relationships with internal and external customers through delivery of sustainable, measurable, accurate, reliable, and timely results that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Actively participates in continued professional development to stay up to date on the latest technical and information management enhancements and data management best practices
*Education and/or Experience *
*Level III *
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university strongly preferred along with seven (7) plus years job related experience and/or training including demonstrated success in Business Systems Analysis and Business Process Analysis (analysis, design, development, and deployment activities) or equivalent combination of education and job related experience. Candidates will also need experience in all phases of systems development lifecycles and/or business process engineering methodology and operating in a matrix management organization. Experience in PBM, pharmaceutical or managed health care industry is a plus.
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree from and accredited four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience along with eight (8) to twelve (12) plus years’ job related experience (PBM or healthcare industry experience preferred).
- Strong proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) to create complex documents, manages schedules, and analyzes data
- Business user of multiple software applications/processing systems
- Working knowledge of key business application such as SQL coding, Oracle forms, Visio, as well as knowledge of UNIX operating systems
- Prefer, but not required, working knowledge of MedImpact specific software such as MedOptimize and Golden 32
Other Skills and Abilities
- Expert in standardized business process mapping and workflow simplification techniques
- Excellent working knowledge and experience in the role of Business Systems Analyst for software development projects, including web-based projects
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Executes and delivers within the confines and timeframes provided by regulatory agencies
This position may require domestic travel
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level I
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: San Diego, CA
# of openings: 2
Employment duration: Full time
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Job Code: 415.180405.5417