General Atomics and Affiliated Companies Mechanical Assembly Supervisor in San Diego, California
Job ID#: 18651BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Title: Mechanical Assembly Supervisor
Job Category: Manufacturing
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
Travel Percentage Required: 0% - 25%
Clearance Required?: No
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Assembly Supervisor to join our Manufacturing department within GA-ASI, located in Poway, CA.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position develops, schedules and implements work activities for Mechanical Assembly. This team falls within the Mechanical Manufacturing group under the Manufacturing Department. Coordinates day to day activities, including personnel supervision, work assignments, and coordination of the product flow through the production phase.
- Supervises Assemblers and Technicians in various locations through Mechanical Assembly phase of production in accordance with established schedules. Offers guidance and coaching to manufacturing personnel.
- Examines defective equipment to determine cause of malfunction and reports need for repairs. Assists test department with expeditious turnaround of repairs as required.
- Assists engineering staff to resolve design and documentation issues. Interfaces with planning personnel in the generation of process flows, as well as with quality assurance personnel.
- Analyzes work orders and blueprints to determine information such as material to be used, type of operations, and sequence of operations required. Monitors usage and supply of all production materials and tooling; reorders when necessary. Interfaces with production control to help prevent material and equipment shortages.
- Formulates and recommends plans, policies, procedures and schedules for the section. Seeks methods to improve product quality, repeatability and efficiency. Schedules and coordinates work assignments. Ensures accurate time charging. Inspects work in progress and finished products.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the departments.
- May interface with outside vendors and sales representatives to stay current on new products and services. May interface with customers to answer questions relating to the product.
- Participates in hiring, promoting, and training subordinate employees. Assigns, directs and reviews their work.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work and lead the workplace in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Typically requires a bachelor's degree and nine or more years of progressive professional experience in a related technical field with at least three of those years in a supervisory capacity. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
Must demonstrate an extensive technical understanding of production and assembly concepts and practices, with the ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate workloads and staff to meet established milestones.
Must be customer focused and possess:
(1) the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of complex matters of diverse scope and nature;
(2) excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences including management and outside representatives;
(3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees and external representatives;
(4) the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information;
(5) the ability to represent the company on external projects; and
(6) strong computer skills.
(7) the ability to work extended hours and travel is required.
General Atomics and affiliated companies is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.