Kimley-Horn Municipal Design Engineer in San Diego, California
Kimley-Horn is looking for an experienced design engineer-in-training for our municipal practice in our San Diego, CA office. We're seeking interested candidates to perform roadway & bikeway engineering and task management. The candidate will support Project Managers in developing concepts, preliminary engineering and final design for projects including, but not limited to, developing geometric alignments, profiles, modeling, design sections, grading design, drainage, superelevation, construction details, and signing and striping plans.
Position Requirements :
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Engineer in Training License
• 3+ years of experience with roadway design and municipal permit processing
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners including clients, sub consultants, and utility companies
• Experience preparing design plans, storm water quality and hydrology studies, specifications and construction cost estimates
• Good problem solving and technical writing skills
• Proficiency with AutoCAD design
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.